Thursday, February 6, 2014

Because it's not all about running


I had a parenting win this week.  (Stop laughing....for all of the times that I lose my Mother of the Year crown....I deserve a win every now and then.)

Sometimes the best conversations happen in the car.  The big boys sit in the WAAAAY back of the van, so in order to actually talk to them, the radio has to be off and I have to really listen.  Today, I'm really glad that I did!  

I had this cutie in the car all by himself.  We were heading to his Vision Therapy appointment and he just started talking.  The conversation went like this...the editorial thoughts are in red:

Him:  Mommy, me, Anthony, and Mason are the leaders of the boys.
Poor baby...you are not really the leader type.
Me:  Oh really?  What does that mean?
Him:  That the boys do what we say.
Me:  What do you tell the boys to do?
Him:  We are taking over the girls' table.
Me:  In the lunch room?
Why do you have to sit at a boy table and a girl table in the cafeteria?
Him:  Yep.  
Me:  What do the girls think of that?
Him:  They tell us to go away.
I bet they do.
Me:  Do the girls have leaders?
Him:  Yep.  Teagan, Cameron, and Cristelle.  They are the hottest girls.
WHAT???  You are 6 years old.....what do you know about the hottest girls??  Where did you hear that?  What happened to my sweet, innocent baby.
Me:  What?  Where did you hear that?
Him:  From my friend at school.
I hate that kid...I don't want you to ever talk to that kid again.
Me:  What does it mean to be the hottest girl?
Him:  That they tell people what to do.  They are bossy.
Me:  Oh, okay.
Oh, thank goodness....you are still my baby.  Please stay this young and innocent for ever!

Sometimes you just need to listen.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment