Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Getting It Done


I have grand plans.  Every day, I have plans.  Yesterday, I planned to go to Zumba after the baby's Little Gym class.  Plan - executed!  Check!

Today, I planned to go to the gym after homework but before basketball practice started.  I figured it would be a great way to actually get to the gym - I had to be there anyway.  There would have to be some creative scheduling since the kids can only be in childcare for 2 hours, but I really thought I had a plan.  

And then homework happened.....and it took forever.  And then vision therapy happened....and it took forever.  And then, all of a sudden, it was 4:20.  We had to be at the Y for basketball at 5:00.  The while plan looked like it was going to fall off the rails.

But, never fear!  Things didn't fall apart.  I got my planned workout in.  I didn't get to run as far as I wanted to today and I didn't get to run outside.  But, I did get 30 minutes on the treadmill AND I got 45 minutes in the weight room.  Plan - Sort of executed.

And....my arms are going to hurt in the morning.

Plan for the rest of the week - 3 miles on Wednesday, Kettlebells class on Thursday, and a long run (6ish - maybe 10 miles) this weekend.

Miles today - 2.29
Miles so far this year - 22 (or 22.29 to be exact)


No comments:

Post a Comment