Friday, January 1, 2016

Begin again....more intelligently



It's time for another new year.  So much happened last year.  After spending some time reflecting on 2015, it's time to look forward.  It's time to set goals for 2016.



There is not a ton on the horizon for 2016.  I think this is what our family needs.  There are no weddings or marathons or huge race plans.  We aren't moving and we aren't planning any other major life changes.  Here's hoping 2016 is quiet...for once.

I am still not making resolutions.  I am setting goals.  Since I am in the world of SMART goals, I am going to add some steps to help me keep to my goals. So, here it goes!

1)  Eat clean for the month of January.  It takes 21 days to make a habit, so, after January, the clean eating should be in place by the end of the month.

  • Intentional meal planning
  • 21 Day Fix from January 1-21
  • MyFitnessPal
2)  Keep my house cleaner and tidier than in 2015.  
3) Complete a Reading Challenge.  I mean, I am a librarian.  I need to read...A LOT.  It's for work.
4)  Bring a budget EVERY month in 2016.  I won't forget a month.  I won't skip a month.  We will give ever dollar a name.

  • Every Dollar app.  Thank you, Dave Ramsey!!

5)  Bring my half marathon time back under 3 hours.  I worked hard to get there and then marathon training and life slowed me down.  I will get back there in 2016.  I am not looking for a PR, but I am looking for consistency.

6)  Write a blog post at least once per week.  I love my writing time.  Even if I am the only one who reads it, I love getting my thoughts down.  It's my diary in a digital world.


7)  Virtually run to my IRun4 buddy's house.  Sophie lives outside of Chicago and I am having a hard time figuring out a way and a when to go visit her.  So, I am running to her house.  It is 940 miles from my front door to her front door.  Starting on January 1, I am going to log my miles to get me to Wheaton, IL.

Wishing you and your family a happy 2016.  May you find joy in your life that you hadn't noticed before.


No comments:

Post a Comment