Tuesday, December 9, 2014

It's About to Get Real


32 days from today, I will embark on a 39.3 mile adventure through Disney World.   Today, bib numbers and corral assignments came out through Run Disney.  This is the moment that Disney runners wait for.   It's like Christmas.  It's also one of the scariest days of the year.

Of course, waivers and bib numbers came out first.  Mine is a really big, scary number.  All of the Goofy runners have really big numbers (like 30000 and higher).  So, I opened my waiver and saw my number.  Then I looked up the corrals from 2014 and I started to hyperventilate.  I was looking at the 3rd to last corral.  I got a pit in my stomach and just wanted to cry.  I worked so hard and I had just lost my time buffer.

But then, the corral assignments were released and the numbers were different.  I wasn't in the last corral anymore.  I could breathe again.  I still have a buffer.  It's not as much as I would have liked.  It's not as much as I had a Princess, but I think it will be enough.  I am going to have to change my race plan.  I don't think I will be able to stop and ride Everest in Animal Kingdom, but there is still more than enough time to get my margarita!

I celebrated my buffer by finding some motivation to do my Fartlek ladder today.

I even did it on the treadmill and it wasn't awful.  :)  60 minute ladder.  Maybe Coach will let me run ladders for the whole marathon!!!  

Rest day tomorrow and then the build up to 20 this weekend.  (I mean, who runs 20 miles...)

No comments:

Post a Comment