Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Fall....I've missed you


Yesterday was the first day of fall.  Mother Nature made sure that fall came in with fall-ish temperatures.

Luckily, the first day of fall fell on a Tuesday, which is a running day, so I got to experience an amazing morning for a run.  I love this kind of running.  I have missed the lower humidity and the cooler temperatures.

I met my running buddy at 4:30am...that's the in the morning.  I thought the plan for the day was 50 minutes of 2/1 intervals.  I got the 50 minutes right.  I was supposed to do 30 minutes of 2/1 and 20 minutes of 1/1.  So, did I work harder since I did all 50 minutes at 2/1 because I can't read?

It was brisk, but a little humid when I went out for the morning.  I wore my brand new Saucony Omni shoes for the first time outside.  As usual, the new shoes made it feel like I was running in sand.  The shoes did not provide the speed that I was expecting them too.  (I mean, seriously...my coach wears Sauconys and he is super fast.  I really thought a speed burst came with every pair of $150 running shoes.  I was obviously mistaken.)

Life lesson - I miss my Brooks.  The Sauconys subbed my toes funny.  If that happened after just over 3 miles, I can't imagine how they will feel after 13.....or 26.  So, I will be taking them back to the running store.  I'll try a wide shoe.  We'll play that game.

I didn't go back to sleep after my early run.  I scoured the internet to see if I could find my beloved Brooks in my size.  The new model just isn't the same.  I can't find them in surfboard size....only in little sizes.

I'm going to figure this shoe thing out.  But, until I do, I am going to love these cooler temperatures.  Hopefully they stick around for another week so I can crush my race next weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment