Monday, September 15, 2014

Back in the groove



As usual, things are crazy here!  We are settling in to a new kind of normal as we begin this school year.

First, the big boys are in second grade.


This bothers me on SO many levels.  I taught second grade.  I know what is expected of a second grader.  I am in disbelief that my little tiny preemie babies are ready for that.  I mean, I know that they are smart enough and prepared enough for the academic demands of second grade.  Their teachers and I have made sure of that, but they are so little.  How can they be big, independent, reading, writing, double-digit adding kids?  My heart broke a little on the first day of school.

Second, Joshua is in a new preschool. 

After a whole bunch of stuff and no spot at our number one choice, he is starting at a school that was wonderful to our family with the big boys a few years ago.  It's been a great first two weeks and we are looking forward to this year....provided he doesn't get kicked out of school for being a bit of a troll.  
Where did this little, snuggly baby go?  He's already three and learning his "leggers."  I can't wait to see how much he learns this year.

Finally, I a settling in to my new role as mom/trophy wife/marathoner in training.

 It's different.  I haven't volunteered for anything during the days.  I am spending some much needed days in my house and on my couch after a rough year last year.  I am doing some (and by some....I mean only some) cleaning and purging and organizing.  I am doing a lot of reading and snuggling when little man is home.  Mostly, I am doing some running.  Mondays and Thursdays I get up EARLY and run before everyone gets up.  Tuesdays, I run after I drop little man off at preschool.  It's my favorite hour of the week.  I can just run.

Hopefully I will settle into a cleaning schedule sooner rather than later.  I need to make an appointment or two and I desperately need to get my hair done.  But, we are settling in.  Things are calmer here already.  We are happier.....I am happier.  I could get used to this!

No comments:

Post a Comment