Friday, April 5, 2013

Run Your Ass Off


My friends and I are doing the I <3 to Run April running challenge.  They are calling it April "RUN YOUR ASS OFF" Challenge.  The rules are simple - run a mile every day in April.  If you miss a day, you have to run 3 the next day.  If you miss 2 days, you owe 5.  Seems simple....until it's time to get off the couch.

Today is April 5.  So far, I'm doing okay.
Day 1 - We walked around Busch Gardens all day.  I had to carry the almost 2 year old for most of it.  I'm counting it.
Day 2 - 1 mile with the whole family on their bikes and the dog in tow.
Day 3 - I was sick and didn't get off the couch.
Day 4 - 3.1 miles on the treadmill....with hills as penance (and training, but I'm calling it penance).
Day 5 - 1 mile with my kiddos.

A mile is really pretty easy.  I can run a straight mile.  (I haven't since this challenge started, but I can.)  It takes me longer to get ready to run and get out the door than to actually run the mile.  But, there was a time in my life when I couldn't run a mile.  Now I can....and it's "easy".  In fact, when I don't want to do it, I just remind myself that I will be done and back in my jammies in 15 minutes.  I can do anything for 15 minutes.

And maybe, just maybe, my behind will be a little smaller at the end of April.  I'll let you know!


1 comment:

  1. I had the same thoughts...it takes longer to get ready and then shower and get back to it, but that's a good thing, right?

    ReplyDelete