Wednesday, March 20, 2013

The Hair of the Dog that Bit You

One or two miles at any time of day is better than no mile at any other time of the day.

I know...I know.....I haven't written the Shamrock recap yet.  I'm getting to it.  When it's done, I'll put right on March 17 where it belongs.  Until then.....

I wanted to run yesterday.  Life got in the way.  The baby took himself to sleep at naptime.  My 2 year old (well, 23 months 2 weeks...you get the idea), took himself into his room, covered himself up, and took a nap.  Something was amiss.  That just doesn't happen at my house.  So, I didn't get to the gym before swimming lessons.  

I was determined today.  Wednesday is my day to volunteer in the big boys' Kindergarten class.  I also go into the library for an hour or so while I'm at school.  That leaves me with about 40 minutes when I get home before I have to start getting kids off the bus and from preschool.  Typically, I play around on Facebook try to do some work for my Library Science class during that time.  Today, I ran.  I came home, threw on my running clothes and headed out of the door.  I didn't have very long and I wasn't trying to push myself for speed or distance on this first run after the half.  

It felt good to be out there.  I did two little laps around my neighborhood (where I could see if the bus came early) for a grand total of 1.6 miles and then came in to get everything I needed for the rest of the afternoon.

One day I will be able to bust out a 5K while I am waiting for the bus....just you wait!!

And, an update on the sleepy, cranky baby - he woke up with a runny nose.  See....I'm not the only one that runs in this family.

1.6 miles in 21:01  (13:42 minute mile)

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I was reading your old blog and was nominating you for a Liebster Award, but thought I would come here since this is where you are blogging now. So, you are nominated! If you have a chance, check it out at www.diaryofaneverydaygirl.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete