Sunday, March 1, 2015

Calm Before the Storm



Queen Elsa is mad.  Last week we got 2 inches of ice.  It stuck around for 4 days.  We lost 3 days of school.

This week, we got about an inch of snow.  It closed schools for today.  We are also expecting between 5 and 8 inches of snow for tonight and tomorrow.  Schools are closed for tomorrow already and Friday is not looking good.  

I haven't run outside in almost 2 weeks.  

Luckily, the day warmed up and the snow melted on the roads and the sidewalks.  The cherry on top - my husband came home early. 

Just like that, the forecast changed!

I laced up my shoes, convinced Child #1 to join me for a few miles and headed out.  

Child #1 was a little whiny, so we took a few breaks and had a snowball fight.  When he was chasing me to throw a snowball, he forgot that he was running.

After 2 miles, I dropped him off at home and headed out for 3 miles by myself.  They felt great!  

I am so glad that we headed out for a few miles!!



No comments:

Post a Comment