Saturday, January 13, 2018

Rain, Rain, Go Away



Friday night was a supposed to be a run night.  I had 2 people ask me throughout the day if I got my run in.  I had not.  

So, after a full day at work, horrible traffic, picking up my kiddos, and then having to leave again at 6:20, I finally got home at 5:00.  

Oh...and it was pouring down rain.

I had a choice.

I could fore go my run.  I had good reasons.  Or, I could put on my shoes and get in a solid 30 minutes.

By 5:20, I was in my running clothes and started lacing up my shoes.  The dog and I headed out.  It wasn't raining.  We finished a shortened warp up and it was go time.

And it started raining.

And then it rained harder.

My dear running (and life...I can probably take away the descriptive word) friend once said that she would meet me in the rain or in the cold, but not both.  Thank goodness it was 70 degrees.

(Side note....earlier in the week it was 12.  Degrees.  For the high. There was ice on the road and snow in the yard.   Yesterday it was 70.  You are not losing your mind.  Welcome to Virginia.)

So, I got wet.  I remembered that I like running in the rain.  (Not every time...but sometimes.)


I didn't have time for my run on Friday.  I made time for my run on Friday.  I can do this!  I can make it work.  I will do this.  I WILL make it work!


No comments:

Post a Comment