Sunday, January 25, 2015

The Expo - A Goofy Adventure, Day 2

We woke up, had breakfast, and made our way onto Disney property for the Expo.


I still get excited when I see this sign!
We got to the Expo right about 10:15.  We parked in the second row of cars and we never waited in line for anything.

Of course, we had to stop for some photo ops.  (No lines....maybe it was the rain that started right when we got there, maybe it was the cold, maybe it was because it was early....moral of the story, get there early!)






First we headed to bib pick up.  Because I was running the challenge, everything I needed was on the first level.  I walked right up to the bib counter, showed my ID, signed my life away, and got my bib.  (I got a "Commemorative item" as well.  Truth time...I had NO idea what I had ordered when they handed me the envelope.  It ended up being a pin.  Pretty cool.  It was almost like Christmas.)

From there, I had to go around the top level of the building (used to be called the Field House way back in the day when my brother played there.  It has a fancy name now.) to get my challenge picture taken.  I help up my bib, smiled, and was on my way.  I did offer to try and look like death in the picture so they would recognize me at the end of the marathon.  The photographer didn't like that idea.

(Aside - my ID was checked when I picked up my bib.  My ID was NOT checked when I got my picture taken.  Disney is trying hard to crack down on bib resales.  They need to revisit this level of security.)

Once I had my stuff, we headed down to the main floor so my biggest fan could pick up his ChEAR Squad wristband and swag bag.  (I bought him the Gold Level for Christmas.  This got him prime viewing at the castle and at the finish, a t-shirt, clappers, and access to a bathroom Worth every penny!)  He went one way and I went the other to grab my  t-shirts.  All three shirts were in one place, in one bag.  Super easy.  It is important to note that the boys, who had been amazing travelers for every minute of 14 hours the day before, chose this moment in time to lose their minds.  Luckily there wasn't much else to see in this building.  The huge merchandise area had been consolidated and put in the other building since it was mostly gone.

The next stop was the actual Expo.  I was looking for exactly 2 things at the Expo - a Goofy Raw Threads shirt and my medal holder.  (Great plan, right?  Buy the medal holder before the race even starts so then you have to finish because you just bought a rather expensive medal holder.)  Between a 3 year old melt down, 7 year old whining, and a husband getting frustrated, I got my stuff and we got out of there!   On the way out, we went on the concourse of the baseball field to see the vendors there.  Race Support made a sign, I ran through the Dooney and Bourke purses (should have bought one.....darn fiscal responsibility...), and found a few more great photo ops.




See how the ones on the left are fighting?  Yep, that is how the morning was going.


By now, everyone was tired of doing Mommy things and were thinking about getting hungry, so we called the Expo a success and went on to bigger and better things....Dole Whips and the Monorail!



After our little snack (and lunch....we had lunch too), we checked into our hotel, rode the boat to Downtown Disney for some shopping and dinner, and then I came back to get in bed to start my Goofy Adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment