Friday, August 1, 2014

I run for Sophie


A few months ago, I signed up for a running buddy through I Run For Michael.  Finally.....after months of waiting....I got matched with a girl who will get me out of bed when it is hard and I don't want to do it.

Her name is Sophie.  She was born with Hereditary Sensory Autonomic Neuropathy Type 2, non-Charcot Marie Toot.  I am still learning about it and what it all means.  I know that she communicates with assistive technology.  What I love is that she communicates with my via Facebook.  I love it!  I send notes to her and she sends notes back.   I love that I can share my running adventures with her and she keeps me honest so that I have adventures to share.

Apparently she likes Disney, so I will have lots of adventures to share with her in the next few months!

No comments:

Post a Comment