Monday, December 30, 2013

Looking Ahead


It's that time of year.  2013 is coming to an end and 2014 is ready to come in with a bang.  It's New Year's Resolution time!

Before I can look forward, I think it's important to look back.  2013 has been a wild and wonderful year.  I did something that I never, ever thought I would do...or could do.  In 2013, I ran my very first half-marathon.  Once I started, I couldn't stop.  The girl who swore that she would only run when being chased ran 8 (yep, that says 8) half marathons in 2013.  Not only did I qualify for Half Fanatics (#4455, thank you very much) with my first 3 races, 8 in 12 months helped me "moon up" this year.  It's such an amazing feeling to do something you never thought was possible.

2013 was also the year of school for me.  I started an endorsement in Library Science from Old Dominion University.  I'll finish in 2014, but the bulk of the program was finished in 2013.

I also got a job!  The second half of the year brought me back into a Kindergarten classroom at a private church preschool.  It's a DREAM job!

Finally, 2013 was the year of the doctor for our family as well.  I want to believe that God won't give you any more that you can handle.  This theory has been tested numerous times over the past year.  (And for a few years before this one.)  We have been asking a lot of questions and we have some answers and plans for our kiddos and we are starting to get some behaviors under control.  To me, a label means understanding and knowing what steps to take next to ensure success for the child.  We are a happier family now.



I am looking forward to 2014!  It's a big year for me.  My husband and I will be celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary with a cruise to Alaska.  I will finish my first year back in the classroom.  My babies will turn 7 and 3.  I will finish my endorsement in Library Science.  I will keep running my races.  

With that, goals need to be measurable.   So...here is my list.  Thank you for keeping me accountable.

1)  I will run at least 1 half marathon every month in 2014.
2)  I will incorporate the 100 Days of Real Food mini challenges.
3)  I will diligently write my monthly budget and use cash to keep our family on track.
4)  I will go to the gym for weights and cross training at least 2 days every week.
5)  I will run 3 days a week.  (2 short runs during the week and 1 long run on the weekends)
6)  I will tell my husband and children that I love them EVERY SINGLE DAY.
7)  I will start a New Year Jar with my family to remind us that there is a little bit of good in every single day!

There is a lot going on up there, but I don't think that any of the goals are unattainable.  I am going to print these out and put them on my fridge where I can see them every day.  I'll keep you posted on how things are going! 

2014 is going to be a wild ride!  I can't wait to see what happens.

Happy New Year! 

1 comment: